Program Associate, Global Health Initiative (GHI)
Center for Global Studies
Position Dates: August, 16 2015 – May 15, 2016 Salary: $12-$15/hour for 10-15 hours/ week
Under the direction of the CGS Associate Director and the Global Health Initiative Advisory Committee, the Program Associate will assist with all aspects of Global Health Initiative programming. The position is housed at the Center for Global Studies.
- Work with CGS staff to organize seminars, workshops and conferences for the GHI (arrange logistics including room reservations, travel, catering, etc.)
- Coordinate travel and logistics for GHI faculty and student exchanges between Illinois and Njala University in Sierra Leone for existing partnerships and future class-related travel
- Maintain GHI web site and social media platforms
- Create and distribute promotional materials (flyers, list-serve announcements, etc.)
- Web maintenance experience (proficiency in Word Press/Publish a plus)
- Administrative experience (preferably in a university setting)
- Strong background and interest in global health or related issues (international development, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to liaise with a wide variety of constituents including but not limited to faculty, administrative professionals, international visitors, and vendors.
- Strong organization, written and oral communication skills
- International experience (study or volunteer abroad) a plus
About the Global Health Initiative:
The vision of the Global Health Initiative is to foster a community at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which engages global health issues through interdisciplinary problem-solving. This is accomplished through:
- Providing a nucleation point for the Illinois interest in global health
- Training the next generation of global health leaders: Illinois students
- Promoting interdisciplinary collaboration among Illinois researchers
- Establishing a model for collaborative international global health problem solving
About the Center for Global Studies:
The Center for Global Studies globalizes the research, teaching, and outreach missions of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Center is a National Resource Center in Global Studies designated by the U.S. Department of Education.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and references to Elly Hanauer at email@example.com.
For more information on the Global Health Initiative: http://globalhealth.illinois.edu/